Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hope for Clara 5K

One of my good friends in HS has a 2 yr old daughter with Neuroblastomic Cancer.  You can check out her awesome blog at http://www.mommastimeout.blogspot.com/   .  She shares her faith beautifully in her blog. Read it with a box of cleanex. You'll be touched!

My favorite comments about sweet little Clara and the race for her:

After talking about how Chemotherapy makes your hair fall out:
Chloe: Does Papa and Uncle Jerry have cancer?

After talking about why we were running the race:
Luke: Well, if that little girl has cancer, then I'm definetly going to run!.....emphasis on the "Run". We were really walking it due to John being out of town and I having the 5 kids walking it with me. I think he thought running would physically help her somehow, instead of walking. It was really cute.


Carinn and Brady


OK, really the kids were running to the park, where the race started. They didn't really "Run" any of the race. lol.


Aunt Anne and Uncle Jerry met us along the path and walked with us about 3/4 of the race. So we had quite the family crew! It was really fun to do it together! Anne had just had hip replacement and I was pushing the double stroller and the 4 older kids were running around us, so we were all about the same pace. I think we came in very close to last, but well worth it for all the visiting we got to do!

2 comments:

NaDell said...

Great post. It was nice to see your family while walking. We didn't finish much farther ahead of you and I may have sped up at the end because my baby woke up and wanted to eat. =)
Sounds like you had a busy day with the birthday party and vow renewal. Fun.
Kids' reactions are so sweet about Clara and cancer. They are just so sincere and great about it. Good job with your kids! Glad you could walk together as a group. =)

LKP said...

i love all of this post. every. last. bit. ESPECIALLY the chemo & uncle jerry question, haha! :D
the full group picture at the end is perfect as well. you guys are such a phenomenal family! one of my most favorites. ::hugs::