Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trip to Tacoma

John was able to go to a chaplain's conference at Ft. Lewis last month. I debated about going with the kids and touring our old stompin' grounds (we lived in Lakewood while John worked at Ft. Lewis for 2.5 yrs). At the last minute (literally the morning of), I decided to go! We shoved some things in bags and headed out the door.

Here is the first night in our hotel. Actually there was a kind sized bed and a hide-a-bed couch, so it was spacious enough.


The kids and I toured Point Defiance Park.


Joel, actually giving me some decent pictures! I think it's possibly the first time in yrs. I must have bribed him with something good enough!



Lunch at the Rose Gardens.



Craziness at the Koi Pond.


We also went to Point Definance Zoo and Aquarium for part of our home school that week. It was lots of fun!






Another movie night.


I forgot to take pictures of all the friends we were able to see. We met with my sweet friend Jaime, we were able to meet with my friend Heidi and her two little boys and on our way home we saw our friend Laurel and her 3 kiddos, who is underway with her husband's second deployment.
We were so glad we went!

2 comments:

Jason & Kristen said...

I can't believe what a mini-me Joel is becoming of John!!

boweiz said...

ok.trop cool et je reviendrai la prochaine fois.