Monday, December 28, 2009

New changes in the New Year!

New changes in the New Year! Through prayer and alot of talking, John and I have decided to home school Chloe this uncoming semester. John likes the idea becuase we will get to spend alot more time with her. I like the idea becuase of all the wonderfull class/education opurtunities the home school programs (that are run through the school district) offer now days. Plus the great reimbursement the schools offer for everything from books to piano lessons! Will we love it?? Time will tell.
The other thing I realized was that I was going to need to quit my job. I wrestled about when I should quit. After all, it is only 1 day/week (excpet the fall, where it had been 2-3 days/week). The more I thought about it, the more I decided I would quit sooner than later, and get going on this house, which has become a disaster zone, since my work schedule had picked up this past fall.
Keep in mind, I have never liked the idea of being a complete stay-at-home mom. I've always liked having a little bit of work in my life, but with 4 kids, a busy church/social schedule and remodling....what has been a very time-intensive house, I'm beyond tired of the out-of-control chaotic life, and am ready to get some thing under control.
I will document my journey as I go. I've already come to some relaizations this past three weeks of no work. Afterall hind-site's 20/20 :)

1.) there is somthing to be said for being too busy to care! As I've been at home, I've noticed things bother me that didn't bother me as much before....bascially because I didn't have time for them to. The disasterous laundry room, with clothes that never made it in the drawers. Unorganized kitchen drawers, dirty sheets on beds ect, ect....now all seem to be much more awefull then they were when I barly had time to notice them.

2.) Monday mornings are Monday mornings. Today, is just that, a Monday morning. I'm listening to my 7 yr old scream in time out. The baby is starting to cry at the highchair, there are 50 zillion tasks at hand. Right now, it almost seems better to go to work. Where all the people who are off to work, after a long holiday weekend, are wishing they were blogging with coffee at home....Mondays, are Mondays no matter what you do :)

3.) Two parents at home full-time can make it....untill they have to organize a house together! John was back in April after a 2 yr deployment. I always feared the phase of him coming home, doing school on line and being home all day, every day. I figured we would want to kill each other after awhile, but suprisingly, we've done very well. Untill we start to clean stuff or organize rooms together! The the first born, bosy child comes out in both of us! So far, John has annoyed the crap out of me sometimes, by organizing closets and cuboards himself and since I really didn't have time to do it. I just let him dump my stuff in other places here and there. Annoying, but understandable. Now we are really going to have to work on learning how to comprimise and agree :)

Yes, a long blog. I will continue to document my reality checks about completely being a stay- at-home mom.

4 comments:

Tanzosh said...

well i'm excited to keep up with the progress! Homeschooling is fun, and very rewarding.

Dayna said...

Hey! I'll be watching....
Welcome to the SAHM club (although I already counted you as part of it)
Dayna

H'mama said...

I don't know what your worried about, I think you'll do just fine. You are an amazing mom to me as it is, and I think you'll shine as a full time SAHM.

Jason & Kristen said...

love it...looks like we're switching roles! i'm excited to see the new organized Katie :-)