Friday, January 9, 2009

The Gospel According to Starbucks

Above is the title of an interesting book I picked up. Of course, if you know me, you know I have a big passion for coffee....or any drink that even contains some derivitive of coffee.
So far, it really good, talking about how Jesus wants us to live a "Zoe" life (in the Greek text). Meaning a flamboyant, passionate life, instead of a "Bios" life, which is basically talking of mere existance.

Here are some quotes that I loved that were through this morning's chapter....I wish I could have coffee quotes plastered all over my kitchen. Everyone needs some humor, encourment and coffee in the morning!

"Coffee, according to the women of Denmark, is to the body what the Word of the Lord is to the soul." --Isak Dinesen

"Coffee should be black as Hell, strong as death, and sweet as love. --Turkish Proverb

"A cup of coffee committs one to forty years of friendship." --Turkish Proverb

No comments: