Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008



I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We had a really wonderful time staying with our family. Unfortuantly the roads didn't allow us to venture to the Goldsworthy farm, as we usaully do on Christmas Day, and staying with my family made me realize that they don't slow down for one minute on the holidays...from one place to the next. Very fun, but man I was tired by the end!
The first pics are of Joel and his "web". Yes, we are going to tear the carpet off the stairs, and Joel and Luke are off to a head start. They do this about 3-4 days/week. I think it's really good for not knowing how to tie knots! They might be better at rope tying than you John!
Next pics are of Chirstmas eve. We had it at Aunt Tressa's and Uncle Jim's. They had us reinact the Christmas story. I think in the first picture I'm supposed to be Marry...since I'm obvisouly with Child. Keith has a donkey head on and Luke was supposed to be Joseph, but instead he rode the donkey and I walked it...really nice Luke, we'll have to work on those sort of curtousies in the next 20 years!
After that we all exercised our musical abilities and played/sang Chirstmas carols! We then spent the night at my mom and dad's and woke up to Santa presents and brunch with the extended family. Yumm! Then it was off to two both grandparent's houses....at which point we headed home to get naps. However, we did make it to grandma Pentecost's in the evening, but I think I took the pictures on mom's camara.
Oh ya, John, the kids, and I have a tradition that you sleep under the tree on Chrismtas eve, but since we have spent the night at my parent's with John being gone the past two years, we take our Christmas eve on the eve of Christmas Eve. So some pics are of us having pizza/movie night and sleeping under the tree...so fun!
And finally, are our sleding pics! That was sooo fun. Wish I could have participated this year, but thought the baby might not like it! I ran next to the sled though, which proved to be very painful and not the best idea. We didn't have any sleds, so dad..somehow...cut one out of a fertilizer container. It was really fun...probably my favorite part of the day!
Last pics are ones that Genie and Bob sent of Joe, Suz and Val snowmobiling on the Goldsworthy Farm....I'm jealous. Hopefully they'll be enough snow next year too....but that's probably unlikely.

1 comment:

The Lembcke's said...

Hi Katie!!

Slowly, more and more people are joining the blogging world! It's such a wonderful thing! Need to get Carinn on it, too!! Glad you found us and vice versa! Hope your Holidays were blessed and Happy New Year!!