Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tile, Tile, Tile




So, as many of you know. My entryway has been plywood for a yr now, and I decided that it was high time to get the new tile in. I tiled the bottom last weekend, but the top part needed to be a little lower so that the tile would meet the hardwood floors. I'm not a fan of reducers in entryways.
Of course, the fix to this problem (taking the original plywood off and sawing the floor joists down) was easier said then done. Dad, who is always my home fixing hero, came to my rescue and spent the day here "fixing" the top of the entryway. Whoo! Now on to backerboard and tiling the rest!
We found lots of 'treasures" under the entryway stairs, (that were added on in the 60's to our 1948 house). Originally what is now the frount entryway had been the back of the house. We found shingles, roofing paper, old tiles cereamic and sticky, old lenolium, and a nice wood headboard and footboard that I think I'm going to use for Chloe's room. You can see the old yard flagstone, or cement or something under the stairs in the picture.


4 comments:

Jen F. said...

That is so great Katie! I love that you do these projects. I am too chicken to do half those things. I'm sure it will look great (even though I don't know what it looked like before :)

Jen

matt & cole jones said...

You ROCK! I am so proud of you- that's a big project for such a small girl! My dad is my home project hero too- he's currently spraying my lockers for Crue's headbord. BTW- are you stealing my music from my song list? It's OK, the songs rock too, just like you!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you could tile. I'll have to put you to work on our house in Spokane. While you tile I'll take the kids out for a Happy meal :)

Unknown said...

Im laughing that there was actually stuff under the stairs and you can use them! lol.