Thursday, July 10, 2008

Change of Command


Well, 2 years ago John took command of B-52nd Co. An anti-tank company in the 2nd stryker brigade. Today he changes out to another job. His job has involved him training about 70 men for the deployement to Iraq and then once in Iraq, managing an area of land that involved over 100 US army soldiers, 5 or more Suni Sheiks and their men, and sometimes the Iraqi Army. I know he'll have lots of stories and that it will be one of the most interesting jobs of his life. He's pretty bumbed to leave his joint security station and his guys in the middle of the desert in Iraq, but is now heading to Camp Taji to work a battalion staff job. I, on the other hand, will be thankfull for a safer environment and possibly more consistent work hours. ?? Keep him in your prayers, as he is really sad to leave.

I'll have John write more about his crazy command job in Iraq, but I'm glad to see it come to an end. This job has been by far, the hardest on our family, although I think we've done quite well with the large amount of pre-deployment training and really long hours, and the deployment itself. John has had 4 change of command dates, the first being a year ago. They just kept needing him at B-52nd, and so he stayed there. I've been organizing the FRG for the company for 2 years, which is not ideal to do from the mianland, so I'm glad that someone agreed to take it over in Hawaii. Another big phase of life, now done and gone. It was a good experience, and God really blessed us through it, but I'm glad there are seasons to life :)

No comments: